I was reading lot of posts and tweets about this new guy, vSphere 7 but who is this new guy? Why is he attractive for Virtualization ladies?
What’s New in vSphere 7?
There are many new features and there are many removed feature, vSphere 7 has huge arms compare to vSphere 6.7 (The depressed guy). Let’s quick review about new features, I’ll publish some posts about each feature after check them on my lab.
I hope that the new guy is compatible with our current hardware! But there is no information yet. He is a ghost!
- vSphere Lifecycle Manager
- Next-Gen Infrastructure Image Management: Manage infrastructure images to patch, update or upgrade ESXi clusters using a desired state model.
- vCenter Server Profiles: Desired state configuration management capabilities for vCenter Server. It helps the user to define/validate/apply configuration for multiple vCenter Servers.
- vCenter Server Update Planner: Manage the compatibility & interoperability for vCenter Server for upgrade scenarios. We will allow users to generate the interoperability and pre-checks report, which will help them plan for upgrades.
- Content Library: Added administrative control and versioning support. Provides simple and effective centralized management for virtual machine templates, virtual appliances, ISO images, and scripts.
- Identity federation with ADFS: Secure access and account management.
- vSphere Trust Authority: Remote attestation for sensitive workloads.
- Dynamic DirectPath IO: Support for vGPU and DirectPath I/O initial VM placement.
- DRS Redesigned with a more workload centric approach, DRS balances resources allocated to workloads in a vSphere cluster.
- vMotion: The recent enhancements in vMotion logic provides non-disruptive operations, irrespective of the size of VMs, specifically for large and mission critical workloads.