Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 4a Adds Support for VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 2
Yesterday, Veeam has published cumulative hotfix for Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 update 4. This update has some new platforms support and fixing more than 300 minor bugs and issues that reported by customers. VMware vSphere 6.7 U2 will be supported with this update.
Enhancements in Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 update 4a
Update 4a adds following platform support enhancements:
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U2 readiness, including support for virtual hardware version 15. Please note that the testing has been performed on pre-release 6.7 U2 builds, while official support will still require a comprehensive testing of the GA build.
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2019 is now supported as a source for Microsoft Hyper-V VMs backup jobs.
- Dell EMC Data Domain using DD OS 6.2 is now supported as the backup repository via both DDBoost and CIFS/NFS protocols.
- New Japanese era compatibility.
How to Download Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 update 4a
The new update is available as two format on Veeam web site:
- Stand-alone update as ZIP format: Use this for update existing installation.
- ISO file: You can download and use it for new installation.
Updating Veeam Backup and Replication is too easy, but the below instruction is recommended:
Veeam Backup and Replication Update Instruction
There is some considerations about dependencies software and components compatibility such as database server, Veeam ONE and others. Make sure that all are compatible with the update.
Make sure there are no running jobs, restore sessions, Instant VM Recovery sessions and SureBackup jobs. We recommend that you do not stop running jobs and let them complete successfully. Disable any periodic and backup copy jobs temporarily to prevent them from starting during the upgrade.
Take backup fro database and if backup server is virtual, snapshot is useful.
- Perform Upgrade
Mount ISO file and start the installation, installation is same as new installation and follow the steps. Wait for the setup program to perform the upgrade. Make sure all local and remote components have been upgraded.
- Check After Upgrade
Open the Veeam Backup & Replication console. If necessary, the automated upgrade wizard will automatically appear, prompting you to upgrade the product components running on remote servers. Follow the wizard to complete the upgrade process. Enable any scheduled jobs that you have disabled before the upgrade.