Supported Update Sequence – vSphere 6.5
You can find VMware products which are compatible with vSphere 6.5 on the below post:
If you need to update the mentioned products, you should upgrade the products according to the below sequence table.
Please consider that:
- You should start with lowest sequence number.
- If you need to update products with same sequence number, order doesn’t matter.
- Before you update vCenter Server, disable vCenter Server from vCloud Director. Also ensure that you stop or disable other VMware services so that they do not communicate with vCenter Server during the update process.
Sample VMware product upgrade scenarios
1st Scenario: VMware Horizon View
- If applicable, upgrade the External vCenter Single Sign-On / Platform Services Controller instance (sequence step 1)
- Upgrade View Composer (sequence step 5)
- Upgrade View Connection Server(s) (sequence step 6)
- If applicable, upgrade View Security Server(s)
- Upgrade vCenter Server (sequence step 8)
- Upgrade ESXi (sequence step 11)
- Upgrade VMware Tools (sequence step 12)
- Upgrade Horizon Agent or View Agent (sequence step 13)
The above scenario is very useful for admins that they want to keep update their VDI platform and deliver better experience to their users.