When an environment is growing-up because of growing-up its business, challenges and problem will be grow.
Administrators needs some assistance tools for troubleshooting and finding root cause of issues or monitor their environments.
Most of enterprise operating systems and applications can generate log files and submit any changes or modification on log files. You know, when any environment has more than one critical application, keeping log files on servers is very dangerous and it’s very difficult.
Most of administrators uses “Syslog Server” or “Log Collector” for organizing their log files.
Some of moderns “Syslog” servers be able to categorizing and analyzing received log files in addition of storing log files or taking backups from them.
There is many companies and application such as SolarWinds Kiwi, VMware Syslog Collector and others.
Splunk Log Management
Splunk has log management suite that you can use it for storing your log files, histories and analyzing your logs.
You can collect, store, index, search, correlate, visualize, analyze and report on any machine-generated data to identify and resolve operational and security issues in a faster, repeatable and more affordable way. It’s an enterprise ready, fully integrated solution for log management data collection, storage and visualization
Ad hoc queries and reporting across historical data can also be accomplished without third-party reporting software. Splunk software supports log data enrichment by providing flexible access to relational databases, field delimited data in comma-separated value (.CSV) files or to other enterprise data stores such as Hadoop or NoSQL. Splunk software supports a wide range of log management use cases including log consolidation and retention, security, IT operations troubleshooting, application troubleshooting and compliance reporting.
- Index, search and correlate any data for complete insight across your infrastructure
- Drill down and up and pivot across data to quickly find the needle in the haystack
- Turn searches into real-time alerts, reports or dashboards with a few mouse clicks
- Securely make operational data available without requiring access to production systems
- Scale from a single server to global datacenters
- Deploy and search across on-premise, hybrid-cloud and private/public-cloud based installations
You can download it and find more information on this link: Splunk Log Management