Oracle Autonomous Linux, Game is Changing
Unfortunately, we have no solution for Linux patch management in our data center! But Oracle has announced Oracle Autonomous Linux and if you want to find that what Oracle Autonomous Linux is? Read this post.
In next few years, most of small companies will migrate to public clouds because build a data center and all components such as cooling and power is very expensive for small businesses, also they need to maintain operating systems by administrators. Operating system still core of any service and needs to be updated for sure about security and stability.
What’s Oracle Autonomous Linux?
Oracle Autonomous Linux executes automatic patch updates and tuning without human interaction improving IT staff productivity, security, and downtime. Combined with native Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services such as Oracle OS Management Service, it offers even more automation such as autoscaling, lifecycle management across pools, and monitoring. It is available with Oracle Linux Premier Support at no cost to Oracle Cloud customers. Oracle Autonomous Linux is based on Oracle Linux, which is binary compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Benefits of Oracle Autonomous Linux
Keeping operating systems patched and secure is one of the biggest operational challenges that IT organizations can face. With Oracle Autonomous Linux in Oracle, you can minimize availability and security risks from missed or incorrectly applied patches. With Oracle Ksplice enabled by default, you can reduce unnecessary downtime when applying kernel patches to your systems. When deployed with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services such as Oracle OS Management Service, the automation and TCO benefits get even better with automatic provisioning, scaling, and tuning.
Cost-effective, compatible, and complete
- Enhanced OS parameter tuning with embedded profiles
- Full testing and support by Oracle to validate that updates don’t break application compatibility
- Immediate protection from zero-day vulnerabilities with no downtime
Highly available and scalable
- Avoid unnecessary downtime by using Oracle Ksplice to apply kernel patches without rebooting your instance
- Automatically adjust the number of compute instances with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure compute autoscaling
Manageability and automation
- Seamlessly leverage Oracle Cloud Infrastructure native services to simplify the management of your instances and meet IT compliance and security
- Reduce the number of system administrator tasks
- Help prevent cyberattacks and system failures from missed or incorrectly applied patches