Flings are apps and tools built by VMware engineers and community that are intended to be played with and explored. Flings are updating by engineers and they are working on them to fixing bugs and adding new features.
Updated Flings – August 2017
The below flings are updated:
- VMware OS Optimization Tool
- ESXi Embedded Host Client
- vSphere HTML5 Web Client
VMware OS Optimization Tool
The VMware OS Optimization Tool helps optimize Windows 7/8/2008/2012/10 systems for use with VMware Horizon View. The optimization tool includes customizable templates to enable or disable Windows system services and features, per VMware recommendations and best practices, across multiple systems. Since most Windows system services are enabled by default, the optimization tool can be used to easily disable unnecessary services and features to improve performance.
August 2, 2017
- New Template: App Volumes Packaging Machine – This template is intended to be used by Application Packagers who are responsible for creating AppStacks and should only be used on the Packaging machine.
ESXi Embedded Host Client
Minor features and bugfixes
- Display the VM List in the Host autostart settings
- Fix role selection in IE 11
- Correct partition info portlet
- Better handling of unknown partition types
- Fix issue with fractional cores per socket in VM settings
- Several wizard fixes
- Remove persistent warning when importing VMs that include a floppy drive
- Fix hidden selection when using the ‘select all’ checkbox in a filtered VM list
- Handle OVAs with a missing description field
- Available NICs display correctly
- Default VMFS to the most recent version when formatting
- Security fixes
vSphere HTML5 Web Client
- Add host and client USB device to a VM
- Add USB controller
- Assign License action on VC/Cluster/Host
- Edit/Clone VM Storage Policy
- Edit Storage Policies of a VM (Actions > VM Policies > Edit VM Storage Policies…)
- Storage Policy components view
- Create/Delete Storage Policy components
- Related VM Templates view for a Storage Policy
- Mount VVOL datastore action
- VVOL Capability Profiles Capacity portlet
- Create and edit VM customization specifications (without custom network configurations)
- Configure per disk option on Select storage page when cloning VM/template
- Host lists can be sorted by consumed CPU and memory
- Monitoring DRS memory utilization for clusters allows switching between active and consumed memory for the charts
- Updated UI of the compatibility issues dialog in the migrate wizard – ability to sort the compatibility by VM, host or compatibility issue
- The list of physical network adapters didn’t render correctly for some ESX hosts and an error message was appearing on the top of the page
- Setting the DRS advanced option “PercentIdleMBInMemDemand” through the advanced settings now works for any value
VisualEsxtop is an enhanced version of resxtop and esxtop. VisualEsxtop can connect to VMware vCenter Server or ESX hosts, and display ESX server stats with a better user interface and more advanced features.
- Fixed color switching problem in chart tab
- Fixed display hanging problem in Java 7
- Now works with ESXi 5.5.
Maybe interesting to you:
9,679 total views, 21 views today
Davoud Teimouri is as a professional blogger, vExpert 2015/2016/2017/2018, VCA, MCITP. This blog is started with simple posts and now, it has large following readers.