Stor2rrd 2.60 Will be Released Mid of September 2019
Stor2rrd is my favorite storage monitoring tool, it’s free and has active community. New version (2.60) with some new features will be announced mid of September.
Let’s review new features and enhancements in Stor2rrd 2.60 .
What’s New in Stor2rrd 2.60?
Stor2rrd 2.60 will support two new storage devices from Lenovo and Hitachi products:
- Hitachi NAS Platform (HNAS)
- Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series (DE2000/4000/6000)
Stor2rrd does support more than 40 storage systems in new version.
Enhancements in Stor2rrd 2.60
Stor2rrd 2.60 is including the below enhancements:
- Storage access management is done through UI only
- ACL: introduced read-only role, members can see everything but nothing can change
- Heatmap: enhanced about table visualization
- IBM SVC/Storwize: support of Zero B2B (%) for 16Gbit adapters (only 8Gbit adapters have been supported till now)
- IBM XIV: support of host mapping on gen3 hardware
- EMC VNX: support of cache stats for newer firmwares
- EMC Unity: support of 184.108.40.206.5.096+ firmwares
- NetApp: support of ONTAP 9.5P1+
- HPE Nimble: support of more than 255 LUNs
- Huawei OceanStor: implemented compression and deduplication graphing
- SAN: switches in access gateway mode are grouped into the same fabric called “Access Gateway”
If you are using current version or older versions, I recommend that upgrade to Stor2rrd 2.60 after announcement. Also beta version is available for who wants to test the new version on test environment or even production environment.