RVTools is a Windows desktop application to collect and display useful information about VMware vSphere platform. Interacting with VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX Server 3.5, ESX Server 3i, ESX Server 4i, VirtualCenter 4.x, ESX Server 4.x, VirtualCenter 5.x, VirtualCenter Appliance, ESX Server 5.x, VirtualCenter 6.0, ESX Server 6.0, VirtualCenter 6.5 and ESX Server 6.5. RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, multipath info, license info and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
RVTools has been updated to new version by it’s developer and here is the fixes and improvements:
- Upgraded RVTools solution to Visual Studio 2017
- Upgraded RVTools to .Net Framework version 4.6.1
- Upgraded Log4net to version 2.0.8, Waffle.AD to version 1.8.3 and NPOI to version 2.3.0
- Connection error when TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 are disabled and only TLSv1.2 is enabled is solved by using .Net Framework 4.6.1
- vInfo tab page new columns: The latency-sensitivity setting of the virtual machine, Change Block Tracking (CBT) and disk.EnableUUID values
- vDisk tab page new columns: SCSI label, unit number and sharedBus
- vHost tab page new columns: Assigned License(s), ATS heartbeat, ATS locking values. 0 = disabled 1 = enabled, Host Power Policy shortname, CPU Power Management current policy and CPU power hardware support
- When Export to xlsx is executed a metadata worksheet with version number of RVTools and date time stamp is added to the output xlsx file
- All columns in the RVTools export xlsx file(s) now have a filter
- When export to csv newline characters are replaced by spaces
- When started from cli and login fails an error message and login box was displayed. Now RVTools will exit with exit code -1, without showing the error message and login form.
- Added an example PowerShell script with which you can merge RVTools export xlsx files
- Added a example PowerShell script to start Export all to xlsx for multiple vCenters
- vDatastore tab page: For NFS datastores the address column is now filled with remote host and path info
- vDatastore tab page new columns: Datastore Cluster Name, Cluster capacity and Cluster free space
- The upper limit on the Health check for number of VMs on a datastore is now 9999
- vHealth tab page: new column “message type” which can be used as a filter in Excel
- vHealth tab page: hbrdisk.RDID files are no longer reported as possible zombie files
- vHealth tab page: low disk space messages no also show the free space in MB.
- All tab pages: Refresh or auto-refresh will respect your sort order
- CLI export2xls parameters changed to export2xlsx (old parameter will still work)
- Bug Fix: invalid “Horizontal Alignment” value in xlsx style sheet.
- Bug Fix: Calculation of total snapshot size was not always correct
- Bug Fix: Child snapshot hierarchy was not always correct
- Default installation directory is changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\RobWare\RVTools without the version number
More On Teimouri.Net
4,266 total views, 12 views today
Davoud Teimouri is as a professional blogger, vExpert 2015/2016/2017/2018, VCA, MCITP. This blog is started with simple posts and now, it has large following readers.