Oracle Linux 6.9
After releasing RHEL 6.9 by Red Hat, Oracle has released Oracle Linux 6.9 at March 28.
The new release including some fixes and also new features. The below features are notable features:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support for all system components. Other changes include vsftpd support for TLS 1.2 and auditd support for incremental_async.
- The cpuid utility is now available. This utility dumps detailed information about CPUs gathered from CPUID instruction and is capable of determining exact CPU models. The cpuid utilty supports Intel, AMD, and VIA CPUs.
- Improved support when running as a Hyper-V guest.
- Enhanced SSSD Support for Active Directory.
Oracle Linux 6.9 ships with the following kernel packages:
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 4 (kernel-uek-4.1.12-61.1.28.el6uek) for x86-64
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 2 (kernel-uek-2.6.39-400.294.3.el6uek) for i386
- Red Hat Compatible Kernel (kernel-2.6.32-696.el6) for i386 and x86-64
Oracle Linux 6.9 is available for download on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
Also RPM packages are available on Oracle Linux Yum
Also read the below posts:
4,373 total views, 3 views today