NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.1 – Hyper-V Failover Clusters
Nakivo v7.1 – Hyper-V Failover Cluster
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.1 has been release with supporting Hyper-V Failover Clusters.
A Hyper-V Failover Cluster is a group of Hyper-V servers (nodes) that can use the Live Migration technology to move live VMs between nodes in the cluster without downtime.
Hyper-V Failover Clusters help improve availability and efficiency of the virtualized environment. If one cluster node fails, its VMs can be automatically started on a different cluster node. In addition, VMs in the cluster can be moved between nodes both manually and by Microsoft’s System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) Dynamic Optimization feature that can automatically move VMs to distribute the load evenly between nodes. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.1 can track the VM location in the cluster and can continue to protect the VM regardless on which cluster node the VM is located.
As virtual environments change rapidly and new VMs are created on a daily basis, chasing and protecting those new VMs becomes a challenge. As a result, some VMs become unprotected and their data can be irreversibly lost. To solve this problem, NAKIVO Backup & Replication offers the container protection feature: Customers can add an entire Hyper-V Failover Cluster to VM backup and replication jobs. When an entire Failover Cluster is protected, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will monitor the cluster contents and will automatically add all new VMs in the Failover Cluster to the job. This way, all important VMs will always be protected.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports VMware, Hyper-V, and AWS EC2 environments and offers advanced features that increase VM backup performance, improve reliability, speed up recovery, and help save time and money. NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides:
- Proper backups: Native, agentless, image-based, application-aware VM backup and replication
- Fast backups: Forever-incremental backups, LAN-free data transfer, network acceleration
- Small backups: Exclusion of SWAP files and partitions, global backup deduplication, variable backup compression
- Guaranteed recovery: Instant backup verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs, backup copy offsite/to the cloud
- Faster recovery: Instant recovery of VMs, files, Exchange objects, Active Directory objects, instant disaster recovery with VM replicas.
7,989 total views, 2 views today