Microsoft Security Update Guide March 2019
Such as previous months, Microsoft has released “Microsoft Security Update Guide” for Microsoft’s products. The guide is contains details of security vulnerabilities and release patches. the guide is useful to find affected product and applying specific patches.
You can download the security guide from the below link:
The March security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office SharePoint
- Team Foundation Server
- Skype for Business
- Visual Studio
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.
- ADV190010 *
|KB Article||Applies To|
|4489878||Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4489881||Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4489882||Windows 10 version 1607, Windows Server 2016|
|4489883||Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)|
|4489884||Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)|
|4489885||Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)|
|4489891||Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4489899||Windows 10 version 1809, Windows Server 2019|