Microsoft Security Update Guide June 2019
Such as previous months, Microsoft has released “Microsoft Security Update Guide” for Microsoft’s products. The guide is contains details of security vulnerabilities and release patches. the guide is useful to find affected product and applying specific patches.
You can download the security guide from the below link:
What Happened This Month?
This month the vendor has patched 88 vulnerabilities, 20 of which are rated Critical.
This month’s update covers vulnerabilities in:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows Hyper-V
- Graphics Device Interface (GDI)
- Jet Database Engine
- Skype for Business and Lync Server
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
CVE and Advisory List
The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.
The below issue may happen after installation, read the below articles to find workarounds.
|KB Article||Applies To|
|4493730||Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Servicing stack update|
|4503027||Exchange Server 2019, Exchange Server 2016|
|4503028||Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3, Exchange Server 2013|
|4503263||Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)|
|4503267||Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016|
|4503276||Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4503279||Windows 10, version 1703|
|4503284||Windows 10, version 1709|
|4503285||Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)|
|4503286||Windows 10, version 1803|
|4503290||Windows 8.1 Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)|
|4503292||Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)|
|4503293||Windows 10, version 1903|
|4503327||Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019|