iLO 4 Firmware Version 2.53
HPE has released iLO 4 firmware version 2.53 on May 2017. It includes some fixes and new features that these are as follows:
- Fixed an issue that led to POST Error: 333-iLO RESTful API Error – Unable to communicate with the iLO firmware when an SD card is was installed.
- Fix handling of logical drive indexing, found in cases where logical drives are not contiguous.
- Power loss occurs when hot-plugging RPS backplane during runtime.
- High fan noise occurs during ML110 Gen9 server system startup.
- IPMI Drive fault is incorrectly mapped to “In Failed Array” on drive sensors.
- Target node iLO is unavailable when an HPE OneView server profile is applied.
- The iLO RESTful API Software Inventory is incomplete when compared to the iLO web interface.
- The iLO RESTful API does not return complete version strings for all software components.
- Unable to use IPMI to “Set Serial Number” and “Set Product ID”.
- Fan failure and server shutdown occur on SL230s Gen8 servers.
- Reverse Address Translate returns bad values when called with hponcfg.
- The iLO RESTful API does not return the exact PCI device location for PCIe components.
- An incorrect device type is reported for the embedded SATA controller.
- Performing a NAND format may leave the REST provider registration in an unstable state.
- Solid state drives are intermittently reported as hard disk drives.
- Fixed SNMP configuration read failure issue due to wrong FQDN trap destination configuration.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to distorted video after setting boot mode to UEFI via RIBCL.
- False Self-Test error on USB port may be reported when an HPE ProLiant Gen8-Series server is powered Off.
- Insight Online direct connect registration might fail and display the error “No Server Certificate.”
- Some IML and iLO Event Log entries are excluded when the Active Health System Log is downloaded with iLO 4 2.50.
- Fixed an issue that causes a burden on the Active Health System when too many logs are recorded.
iLO 4 firmware version 2.53 adds support for the following features and enhancements:
- iLO Amplifier Pack – Advanced Server Firmware/Driver and License Management Solution
- OpenSSL 1.0.1u FIPS
- PSRT 301
- CSRs no longer include the iLO IP address by default. To include the iLO IP address in the CSR, enable the include iLO IP Address(es) option in the iLO web interface.
- Added an iLO RESTful API option to include the iLO IP address in SSL certificate CSRs.
- AlertMail formatting improvements.
LO 4 firmware version 2.53 is removed!
In some instances, HPE Integrated Lights-Out 4 (iLO 4) configuration data could potentially be reset to default values after an iLO firmware upgrade to iLO 4 Firmware Version 2.53 on HPE ProLiant Gen8 series servers.
Therefore, iLO 4 Firmware Version 2.53 has been removed from hpe.com and has been replaced with iLO 4 Firmware Version 2.54.
So if there is any servers with older iLO version, don’t upgrade them to iLO 2.53 and upgrade them to 2.54 directly.
11,177 total views, 36 views today