HP Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell is a scripting tools for automating HP configuration task.
Utilizes Proven PowerShell Technology
- The HP Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell provides consistent and reliable server configurations.
- Supports the standard PowerShell architecture and scripting model for a consistent infrastructure management experience.
- Object oriented—output from one command can be passed to another via a pipe command to reduce the effort of entering complex commands for a more efficient scripting.
- All HP PowerShell cmdlets have built-in Help functions that document syntax and usage examples.
Reliable and Repeatable Scripting Capabilities
- The HP Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell provides consistency and frees up scarce IT resources.
- Scales to support high volume of server configuration in minutes even remotely.
- Delivers consistent server configurations across multiple servers.
- Integrates into other deployment and configuration models that leverage PowerShell.
Configure and managing Insight Lights Out (iLO), HP BIOS and Onboard Administrator (OA)
- HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO), HP BIOS, HP Onboard Administrator for HP BladeSystem Enclosures provide a comprehensive set of HP integration tools designed for IT experts in PowerShell scripting to configure a HP Server.
- HP BIOS cmdlets support both Legacy and UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) Boot Modes on Gen9 systems
- HP iLO 3 and iLO 4 PowerShell cmdlets support
- HP Onboard Administrator (OA) PowerShell cmdlets support version 3.11 or forward
The scripting tools is contains three packages:
- HP OA cmdlet
- HP BIOS cmdlet
- HP iLO cmdlet
You can download the packages from this link: HP Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell
These are PowerShell modules and you need to Windows Management Framework 3.0 and above.
After installing each package, you can run the cmdlets via PowerShell.
Here is some of tasks that you can do via the scripting tools:
- Update OA, iLO firmware and BIOS ROM. You can upgrade multiple OA and iLO.
- Get OA, iLO and BIOS configurations and many useful information.
- Set most of configurations on iLO, OA and BIOS.
Note: Read the scripting tools user guide for more information and it seems, BIOS cmdlet will run when your target’s OS is a Windows server.
I’ll post some scripts as example in my next posts.